Thursday, August 18, 2005

Cat-like Reflexes

I've put a screw into a stud in my ceiling and hung from it the mouse-on-a-sting contraption I invented last night. Norbert had an excellent time playing with it, but eventually got tired and sat, face at mouse level, staring at me. Being the helpful cat dad that I am, I pulled the mouse back and let it swing at her. It arced gracefully down and hit her in the nose. Twice.

When she's done playing, she's done playing.

While typing this I've been leaning forward in my computer chair and Norbert has been eyeing me from my bed. Apparently eyeing me got old, because she just leapt from the bed to land wedged between my back and the back of my chair. Imagine throwing a hotdog into some cleavage. (Actually that's not a good representation at all, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't imagine it.) It would be nice to have the blind faith that anywhere you decided to jump you'd land between some fat and a soft place.

No comments: