Sunday, August 21, 2005

Much Better

My landlords, in a misguided effort to save on energy bills, adjusted my shower so that it doesn't get super hot. In my opinion, they were a little over zealous in their efforts and sometimes the water is just slightly less warm than is comfortable. This morning I took the knob apart and readjusted it so I can burn myself if the need overtakes me.

With the variety of temperatures I now have at my disposal I'm going to have to make an extra effort not to sit down and stretch out in the bathtub, luxuriating under a pleasantly warm shower downpour - at least not if I want to have time to eat something before I leave in the morning. It was easy when I would freeze to death when I got less than a foot away from the showerhead. (There's an amazing change in water temperature between the time the water comes out the spout and when it hits the tub. Just one more piece of information that will not, under any circumstance, some in handy, ever.)

No comments: