Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Tomorrow I Take the Hog

So tomorrow I'm meeting a Yahoo Personals person. Her name is Ash.

I asked her if Ash was short for Ashley, because here in Fran it's as likely as not that her name is just Ash, short for nothing.

She didn't answer the first time I asked, so I asked again, but this time suggested some guesses as to what it might be short for: Ashley, or Ashalonia, or Jordash?

I'm smooth like that.

Apparently people on the Right Coast never ask what Ash is short for. They just know it's short for Ashley. I assumed it was short for Ashley, but just would go so far as to say I was sure it stood for Ashley.

Anyhow, we're meeting for Tea tomorrow and, since I've finally managed to construct a little platform with casters on the bottom so I can get my scooter out the people door, I'm taking my scooter to meet her. It'll be nice to be out on the open road again, wind whipping at my helmet, my poorly chosen jacket making me either too hot or too cold.

No comments: