Sunday, January 08, 2006

Cat Makes Discovery: Levitating is Harder than Previously Assumed

Today I got some new furniture for my apartment. Specifically a chair and loveseat to replace my god-awful futon. And because I think it's kind of nice to be able to walk through my apartment unhindered, I decided to get rid of my coffee table.

It was a run of the mill wood framed table with glass top on which Norbert had enjoyed countless hours, nose a half inch from my dinner, or trying to put a paw in my cereal. So I cleaned the top and wiped the food chunks off the frame and put an ad on Craigslist. To keep Norbert prints off the glass, I leaned it on the wall behind my bedroom door.

When I sat down to wait for the guy to come get the table I discovered a great new game for Norbert and I to play. It's called watch the cat try to jump onto the glass top table when there's no glass. I'm not sure how well she likes it, but I think it's hilarious. She leaps off the couch with all the confidence a cat can muster, and only when she starts to pass through the middle of the table does she start to look surprised. 2 more jumps later and she's got it figured out. First get onto the frame, and then step onto the glass. Nope. Fell through the middle again.

Alas, about 30 seconds after she very carefully fell through the table the guy came to collect it. But it was fun while it lasted.

No comments: