Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Travel Heater

I'm having some trouble with the temperature of my hotel room. At night I'd like it to be cold, and in the morning I would like it to be warm. Two nights ago I compromised by just turning the fan on, and that worked pretty well. But last night I was just a little too hot, so I turned on the AC. This morning I woke up just seconds away from full blown hypothermia.

When I got up I turned off the AC and headed to the bathroom, but since I have no bathrobe and hotel towels are all the size of cocktail napkins, I had nothing with which to keep me from freezing to death while on the toilet.

At my apartment I solve this problem with a space heater. Unfortunately it didn't occur to me to pack my space heater, so I did the next best thing: I took the wall mounted blow dryer off it's stand, and then took the stand off the wall, unfurling the plug to its full length. This gave me just enough cord to get the blow dryer into the bathroom so I could sit on the toilet in relative comfort, selectively warming all of my bits.

Tomorrow I think I'll just turn on the heat first thing.

No comments: