Friday, January 06, 2006

Say Aw

Has anyone ever tried flossing when your TMJ is acting up? It's almost enough to make me not want to floss.

Actually flossing is enough to not make me want to floss, but I've been doing a good job anyway. Tonight, however, I'm tired and I know that my jaw will be sore if I wrench my mouth open enough to get my fingers in there. In addition, I managed to cut one of my flossing fingers at work, so the floss gets in the cut and tries to pull it apart.

The cards are truly stacked against my mouth this week. I hope brushing and Listerine are going to be enough. I also hope that I get back into the flossing when I can open my mouth again, pain free.

As the late, great Mitch Hedberg once said, "it's as hard to quit smoking as it is to start flossing."

No comments: