Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Nerding It Up At Work

Today I went to Electronics Plus and got two diode chips that I'm going to put back to front inside one of our pumps in hopes of recreating a broken rectifier chip that they don't carry.

Whew! Now that that's out of my system I can tell you about how I'm being shipped off to Tempe, AZ to help shuffle mattresses out there for a week. I've never traveled for business before, and I'm not sure if I'm going to like it.

There are pros:
-Free hotel stay.
-Free meals.
-It should theoretically be less cold than it is here.
-I get paid for flying.
-Flying takes up part of my work day on both Monday and Friday, so I'm really only working 4 full days next week, but being paid for 5.

But there are also cons:
-I may have to socialize with people I don't know.
-I don't get to go home and then end of the day.

Ok, so there are only two cons, but the first one worries me the most. New people are scary.

Never the less, I think it will be well worth it for the following reason: There is a Cheesecake Factory 18 miles from my hotel. So there will be at least one meal of Chicken Madera.

Does anyone know any good places to eat in Tempe? (EhhemCatemmm?)

3 comments:

Veruca Salt said...

yeesh - Tempe? Actually, that's kind of out of my old area, it's sort of the other side of the world from where I lived... but that Old Cheesecake Factory is in the same shopping center as my old work, so you could reminisce about the times we never hung out there - and a mile or so down the road there's a Red Fish, which is pretty good and an In N Out Burger...

angie said...

where you staying?

i was a near-tempe girl for awhile - i may be of some help... :)

Michael said...

I'm staying at the Comfort Inn by the airport on East Apache Blvd. And now I will reminisce about all the times we never hung out. Wow, I'll be visiting all my old non-haunts.