Thursday, January 26, 2006

Dream Analysis

I went to the dentist and it was determined that I needed a bridge. A bridge in this case meant that I needed to have each of my teeth removed and fitted with two small metal ends where the roots should be. On my gums a receptacle would be installed where each of my teeth would plug in. (Picture, if you can, the interface between an overhead projector light bulb and its socket.)

The best person to do the bridge procedure was a dentist in a little wooden house on a hill. I went up to his house with a basket of offerings, mostly candy and bread. I realized that the offerings were for him to eat while performing the operation when he answered the door and accepted me as a patient saying, "I hope you're prepared. It's an 8 hour procedure at the very least. After I've started there's no stopping, so I'll be done when I'm done."

When I woke up I had to think for a while about who the dentist was. He looked so familiar. I knew he looked an awful lot like Larry Hagman from I Dream of Jeanie, but it definitely wasn't him. After a minute it came to me: Chief Justice John Roberts.

No comments: