Thursday, January 19, 2006

Gone, Again

Norbert is gone, again. She went off to Oakland, and then came back the next day after it was realized that med school and a cat don't mix well. But the very same day I learned she was returning, somebody at a facility I go to all the time said she wanted a cat. So it worked itself out. I think.

My sense of relief is not all I hoped it might be now that I've dropped her off. The saucer of milk worried me a little, and then having to answer the question, "How do you clean her?" made me a little apprehensive. But what can you do? It's not like I could say, "Never mind. I think I'll keep her."

I think I'm going to make a fake SPCA pamphlet and give it to her tomorrow. Hopefully writing some basic cat facts down will unmix my very mixed feelings about being rid of Norbert again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

make sure you tell her to not give anymore saucers of milk. they give kitty cats the squirts.

Veruca Salt said...

For some reason, it doesn't seem like Norbert should be going to a person who asks basic cat questions - she needs an advanced cat owner - you know what, go ahead and box her up and ship her out here, my Siamese cat will put her in her place.

p.s. - my verification word is "sutly" - that sounds like an adverb

Anonymous said...

Here ya go:

http://www.geocities.com/poetic_pets/cat.html