Saturday, September 11, 2004

Brainwash

I went to Brainwash, a laundromat slash cafe slash venue, to see some music. There was a table by the door with 3 chairs occupied by 2 people. I asked if chair #3 was in use, and they said I could have it, so I did.

I didn't move it far from the table: just enough so it wasn't like I was sitting there. It turned out the whole section of tables was full of English people who had come to see the first band, who also happened to be English.

Eventually a 30sih woman came in and saw her friends who had just minutes before given me my chair. She walked over to them, stood in front of me, and started talking to them. But standing can be tiresome, so after a while she turned to me and asked if she could sit on my lap. I, being a normal human being, thought she was joking and said sure. She promptly took a seat on my lap and talked to her friends for another half hour until the band started playing, all the while saying nothing to me. For I was a chair, and people don't talk to chairs.

The last paragraph is untrue, but makes a good story. Then again, when going to things alone, there isn't anybody who's going to contradict me. Maybe if I make enough things up, people will start wanting to go places with me to see in person all the amazing things that happen to me. A plan! So if anyone asks you what I did tonight, tell them that I went to see some music and an English woman used me as a chair.

No comments: