Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Three Things

The first thing is me freaking out about tomorrow. We tentatively scheduled an ice cream date, and I sent her an email, but I haven't heard anything back. Maybe Thursday was too soon. Maybe I smelled. Maybe I hugged badly. Maybe she's thinking, "I can't eat ice cream with anyone too dumb to figure out the doors at Starbucks." Should I have called instead of emailed? I guess I'll call her tomorrow and see what's up.

"Hi, Meg? This is Mike."
"I hate you. Don't call me."

Numba Two: I heard a story on NPR today about an intern being injured by a laser at Los Alamos National Laboratory. This strikes me as being much too funny for my own good. I think the morbidity of my job is encroaching.

Intern #1: Have you seen the laser?
Intern #2: No. Where is it?
Intern #1: It's right here. This is sooo cool, watch this.
laser: bzzzbpytpzzzz.
Intern #2: Aaaaaaahg!
Intern #1: Dude, that's a big hole.
Intern #2: -
Intern #1: Dude?

Last but certainly not least, I saw some graffiti today that took some guts. About half way between San Rafael and Mill Valley on 101S, there are 5 lanes including an off ramp. On the 3 middle lanes, somebody has spray painted the universal graffiti symbol for the male genitalia. I have to give them credit for the placement, but I'm not sure if a spray paint doodle of a penis and testicles are worth risking one's life. I'm going to see if I can get a picture tommorow.

No comments: