Wednesday, January 05, 2005

News of the Evening

Somebody stole my bike seat. I guess that means that I'm going to sell my bike. I'm thinking $20 because:
-The shifters don't work well
-The brakes squeak and don't really stop (or even significantly slow) the bike
-The wheels are off balance
-The tires go flat
-The seat is gone

Good things about the bike:
-Good "project bike"
-Customizable seat (buy whatever seat you like)
-Comes with 2 bike locks
-Chromoly frame

The pain caused by the theft of my bike seat was considerably lessened by the fact that I've only ridden my bike once in 3 years, and also by the fact that my seat had 2 holes in it. Those holes sucked up water like nobody's business, and then when sat upon, excreted said water efficiency all over the sitter's ass.

I discovered the seat theft on the way to pub quiz where we came in 3rd thereby beating our nemesis, Shane's Dentist. This week our team name was Neil Diamond is a Girl's Best Friend, which was probably a little long to win best team name. We won that honor last time with the name Shane's Gingivitis.

If anyone can suggest some good pub quiz team names, I'd be happy to put them in the running next Wednesday.

No comments: