Sunday, January 30, 2005

Preparations for a Date

1. Wash all the weird goo out of the car. What was the stuff on my shifter and where did it come from? One way or the other I'm glad it's gone.

2. Go to the car wash to get the outside as nice as the inside. I went to one of those quarter washes with the brush, the squirt gun, and the selector knob where the hoses are never quite long enough to let me aim just how I'd like. And who was the genius who decided to mount the scrub brush with the foam excreting side up? When I took it off the wall an extremely large chunk of foam went down my jacket sleeve and ended up in my arm pit. I'm glad I did it yesterday and not on the way to picking her up. The squirt gun was also pretty leaky, but maybe that's on purpose. All the water coming out the back ran down my arm and washed away the pit suds. Great system.

3. Vacuum the floor mats. For this I took my regular vacuum downstairs and set the floor mats out in the garage, running the vacuum over them as I would my apartment carpet. The whole time I was worried someone would come down and think I was nuts for vacuuming the garage floor.

My car is all set. The huge Toyota symbol in the front is dirt free, the Darwin, Shark, and Alien fish on my trunk gleam in the sunlight, my thank you sign is ready to be courteous to anyone who lets me merge, and my rearview monkey head is on the lookout for oncoming traffic. Beware the Camry, ladies. It's an unstoppable dating machine.

No comments: