Monday, January 24, 2005

Night to Night

I woke up last night when my leg touched a wet spot on my bed. Had I wet the bed? Was my ceiling leaking? No, that doesn't make sense, there's a floor above me. I reached down to investigate and my hand came up back with a quarter. While I have no idea where the quarter might have come from, it's a much better to ponder that than it is to consider the possibility that I have become a 26 year old bed wetter.

In the morning I awoke to find that someone had emailed me on Yahoo Personals. She's 24 years old, speaks 4 languages, has leapt from a plane, and is not a transvestite. All checks in the good column. I wrote back explaining that I wasn't in a band anymore. What was I thinking?

My second stop of the day took me over Trinity Road where I saw a man in a plaid shirt and hiking boots who looked very much like Jesus.

On my way back to the depot I passed a semi on the back of which, written in dirt, was the following:

______________________________
|............................|
|............................|
|............................|
|............................|
|............................|
|............................|
|............................|
| <-El Passo....El Cruncho-> |
|............................|
|............................|
|............................|
|............................|
------------------------------
000,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,000
000========================000
000''''''''''''''''''''''''000


That is my ASCII drawing of a dirty truck.

Tonight I played at an open mic where I performed Sao Paulo Rain, by Tom McRae, Question, by Old 97s, and a mix of the first verse of Karma Police, by Radiohead, and with the music the same, A Day in the Life, by the Beatles. It went pretty well.

That last paragraph was a little boring, but I had to get back to tonight, otherwise the title wouldn’t make any sense.

No comments: