Thursday, January 06, 2005

People in the Rearview Mirror May Be Less Attractive Than They Appear
(Observations on a Thursday)

I drive around all day looking at people. People in cars, people in hospitals, people on the street, and since I'm a guy, many of those people are girls, and a lot of that looking is actually gawking. Since I spend a lot of time on the road I tend to notice girls in my side view mirror and then look at them when they pass me. This can be surprisingly dicey and disappointing.

As girls get closer they can go from thin to large, young to old, and in the worst scenarios, they can become dudes. (Where did the hot girl in the blue Accord go, and where did the fat bearded dude in the blue Accord come from?) When becoming physically unattractive doesn't work, some girls take more serious measures.

There was one girl who seemed promising as she approached on my left. As she drew up next to me I was happy to see that she was indeed attractive, at which point she started digging in her nose. I didn't know fingers went in that far. She either had a booger vendetta or the inside of her skull itched. It was hard to tell which.

Cars have windows. We can all see each other.

Another totally unrelated observation / stereotype: Paraplegics don't wear shirts and like their apartments to be roughly the temperature of the sun. I don't know why that is, but I've been to 3 paraplegic households, and all were 5,000,000 degrees and no one was wearing a shirt. They had pants (all except one guy who, on my second visit, was "wearing" a towel), but no shirts. Wearing shirts might make it possible to set the thermostat to a level below stifle.

No comments: